Please be advised that HMECU branches will be closed Thursday, September 30, 2021 in recognition of Day of Truth and Reconciliation.
Branches will reopen on Friday, October 1, 2021 at 9:30am.
REGISTERED DISABILITY SAVINGS PLAN
Registered Disability Savings Plan
A Registered Disability Savings Plan (RDSP) is a government program designed for Canadian residents under 60, living with disabilities, recieving the Disability Tax Credit, and who hold a valid social insurance number. A parent or guardian can open an RDSP on behalf of a person with a disability if needed.
Key Benefits of an RDSP:
- Money contributed grows tax free
- Anyone can contribute to an RDSP with the written consent of the account holder
- Contributions can be matched, based on family income, with up to $3,500 a year in Canada Disability Savings Grants (CDSG) and up to $1,000 a year in Canada Disability Savings Bonds (CDSB)
- Carry forward on CDSG and CDSB is avaliable back 10 years or to date of diagnosis
- The total lifetime contribution for each beneficiary is $200,000, with no annual contribution limits
- If a parent or grandparent passes away and has a financially dependant child or grandchild, they can transfer up to $200,000 of their RRSP/RRIF to the dependent's RDSP on a tax-deferred basis
Ready to open an account or have some questions about this account?
Commissions, trailing commissions, management fees and expenses all may be associated with mutual fund investments. Please read the simplified prospectus and/or fund fact sheet before investing. Mutual funds are not guaranteed and are not covered by the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation or by any other government deposit insurer. There can be no assurances that the fund will be able to maintain its net asset value per security at a constant amount or that the full amount of your investment in the fund will be returned to you. Fund values change frequently and past performance may not be repeated. Mutual Funds are offered through Worldsource Financial Management Inc., sponsoring mutual fund dealer. Other Products and Services are offered through Healthcare and Municipal Employees’ Credit Union.
Please click here for the full Worldsource Website Disclaimer.