Registered Retirement Income Fund

Once you have retired and need additional income, getting the money from your RRSP is easy. All you do is ask us to roll over your RRSP to a Registered Retirement Income Fund (RRIF). You can transfer RRIF's held at other financial institutions or amounts from a Registered Pension Plan directly to an HMECU RRIF. 

RRIF's are like a RRSP with the exception that you must take some taxable payments from your RRIF on an annual basis. You choose the payment level if it meets the minimum levels set out by the government. Interest earned inside the RRIF stays tax free until it's withdrawn. 

HMECU has several investment options avaliable to be held within an RRIF.

Our Retirement Income Fund Calculator provides withdrawal minimums and payment options based on the consumption and length of the investment. Click here to view our RRIF Calculator.

Have questions about an RRIF? Interested in getting your money from your RRSP to roll over to an RRIF? We are here to help!